By the term bandelwerk we mean bands inlaid in marquetry technique in maple, poplar, plum or boxwood. The bands are narrow and symmetrically curved.
We usually find marquetry on antiques from the Baroque period. It divides the surfaces and gives the antique furniture symmetry and order.

Also interesting


We call a half-column a column that only half protrudes from the wall. [...]
Read more


By the term fire shading we mean a burn in the veneer that allows the joiner to achieve a kind of depth effect. [...]
Read more


Appliqué is the term used to describe applied decorative pieces. [...]
Read more