The term fillet refers to a strongly grooved, moulded recess, especially in profiles.

In the past, this recess was sanded into the material, but today the shape is very simply created with the help of a milling head on a table router.

In the photo you can see the cove in the cornice of the Swedish secretary shown.

Also interesting


Balustrades are balustrades made of small columns. [...]
Read more


The term volute is used to describe a spiral ornament. The volute was already a popular decorative element in [...]
Read more


The wooden strip running horizontally between two drawers is called a traverse. [...]
Read more