Inhalte werden geladen ...


We use the term rosette to describe an ornament in the shape of a flower.
On antique furniture we often find it as a carved or bronze cast appliqué, especially as a key escutcheon or as part of a braid or garland decoration.

A fan that is worked out fully round is called a fan rosette.

Also interesting


The term volute is used to describe a spiral ornament. The volute was already a popular decorative element in [...]
Read more


Especially during the Baroque and Rococo periods, rosewood was popular at the French court. We are talking here [...]
Read more


A pilaster is a wall pillar used instead of a voluminous column, which can be found on the pilasters of antique [...]
Read more