The term risalit originally comes from architecture and describes a projecting part of a building. It has the task of dividing the surface of the building. It is often a central risalit. The risalit can be projecting or recessed.

We often find this structuring element in antique furniture from the early classicism; the braid style and the Louis XVI style.

Also interesting


The pine is one of the most widespread conifers in Europe. The soft wood was easy to work with almost all tools. [...]
Read more


By the term fire shading we mean a burn in the veneer that allows the joiner to achieve a kind of depth effect. [...]
Read more


Appliqué is the term used to describe applied decorative pieces. [...]
Read more